Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
Yesterday was my birthday, I had a blast and got really, really drunk. Then I thought that I wouldn't mind dying anf started chugging shit in order to get an alcohol poisoning. I lost conciousness and fell over. But as evident through me writing this, I didn't die. I really wish I had, but I forgot to account for the fact that one of my friends was an EMT, so now I'm still here.
fml

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ExhaustedExistence and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
First off all, HAPPY B-DAY!!

I also got drunk last night. Amazing day.

As for the alcohol, yeah, I imagined that happened to you it won't usually work. I took 100 different pills + lots of booze last year and only got a 2-day coma.

We'd better look for a more reliable method and not act impulsively.

I'm glad you're okay, anyway.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Luchs
SleepyTime

SleepyTime

Oct 10, 2019
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have also experienced alcohol poisoning many times (I just never learn). There is some really neat information on alcohol poisoning on the web. Responses to over consumption of alcohol can be calculated. How someone responds depends upon 1) their weight, 2) quantity of alcohol consumed, and 3) time duration of consuming alcohol. It is a matter of Blood Alcohol Content that determines your response.

If you search the internet for "BAC Calculator" you will get many sites that provide a method to input your weight, quantity, and time. (just ignore any that are part of a recovery or government anti-drinking). As your BAC increases the risk of more serious reactions increases. Basically, once your BAC gets to 0.2% you get Nausea and Vomiting. At 0.3% you get passing out (falling down drunk). At 0.4% Severe CNS Depression, Coma, and slight risk of Death. At 0.5% likely Death.

I think it is basically that as your BAC increases the response increases and most people get to 0.2%-0.3% and they pass out and are therefore not able to keep drinking. It sounds like what you experienced. You got drunk and then decided to drink a large quantity. I am thinking that if one is doing this unaided one would need to drink a large amount of alcohol in a short period of time. Otherwise the body protects itself and causes the drinker to pass out. I also think this is why we hear of people dying of alcohol poisoning at college parties - the famous case of using a funnel and someone else is pouring in the alcohol - and causes over ingestion in a short period of time.

Reactions: Luchs
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have also experienced alcohol poisoning many times (I just never learn). There is some really neat information on alcohol poisoning on the web. Responses to over consumption of alcohol can be calculated. How someone responds depends upon 1) their weight, 2) quantity of alcohol consumed, and 3) time duration of consuming alcohol. It is a matter of Blood Alcohol Content that determines your response.

If you search the internet for "BAC Calculator" you will get many sites that provide a method to input your weight, quantity, and time. (just ignore any that are part of a recovery or government anti-drinking). As your BAC increases the risk of more serious reactions increases. Basically, once your BAC gets to 0.2% you get Nausea and Vomiting. At 0.3% you get passing out (falling down drunk). At 0.4% Severe CNS Depression, Coma, and slight risk of Death. At 0.5% likely Death.

I think it is basically that as your BAC increases the response increases and most people get to 0.2%-0.3% and they pass out and are therefore not able to keep drinking. It sounds like what you experienced. You got drunk and then decided to drink a large quantity. I am thinking that if one is doing this unaided one would need to drink a large amount of alcohol in a short period of time. Otherwise the body protects itself and causes the drinker to pass out. I also think this is why we hear of people dying of alcohol poisoning at college parties - the famous case of using a funnel and someone else is pouring in the alcohol - and causes over ingestion in a short period of time.
Really interesting stuff. Thanks for writing.

B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I think alcohol poisoning can affect only those who are not used to drink, and those who drink a poor quality alcohol. And even then, chances are slim. I can hold my drink very well, sometimes I think I'm commiting a slow suicide. I definitely know I'm doing damage to my organs and I'm shortening my life span. And that is good for me. I don't want to live until I'm 80 years old

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Alcohol poisoning occurs when an individual consumes much more ethanol/alcohol than he or she is able to burn. Severe cases of alcohol poisoning can lead to death.