poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
What happens to our therapists and medical teams after we ctb? Do they get investigated?

Although my therapist and psychiatrist have pretty much ignored every expression of suicidal intent from me, I don't want them to face consequences after I ctb.
I am the only one who chose to do this and no one else is even in the slightest responsible.

Does anyone know what happens to our therapists after successful ctb, and how I can avoid getting anyone into trouble?

• Hugs
Reactions: jbell213, WornOutLife and hahabye
Mondo

Mondo

May 11, 2021
I think they know that if someone is going to do it they will and would not normally tell them unless they want help preventing it.. If we're still in ideation they might not see it. A note to say they tried their best might stop family members from trying to sue them.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You could leave handwritten notes and videos behind explaining that this was your decision.

I'll do that but in my case it's my dad the one I don't want to get in trouble.

Last year, when I tried to ctb and ended up in a coma, the police was suspicious of my lovely dad... I couldn't believe it. I can't do that to him again.

• Wow
Reactions: poisonedminds and BlankUser
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Last year, when I tried to ctb and ended up in a coma, the police was suspicious of my lovely dad... I couldn't believe it. I can't do that to him again.
What? What did they accuse him for? Did the police was implying that your dad tried to kill you?

• Hugs
Reactions: poisonedminds and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What? What did they accuse him for? Did the police was implying that your dad tried to kill you?

Yes! They were like:
"Why did you leave your son alone? Why did he have so many pills? Why wasn't he under a treatment? Why didn't you realize he might do this?"

Fortunately, I woke up two days later and explained to them the truth but they still weren't 100% convinced.

They called me a few times some weeks later to check if I was attending therapy and seeing a psychiatrist. Really annoying but it's finally over.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BottomlessPit, poisonedminds, Celerity and 1 other person
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I don't think mine would ever know. Just another patient that never returned.

Last edited:
Reactions: poisonedminds
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Yes! They were like:
"Why did you leave your son alone? Why did he have so many pills? Why wasn't he under a treatment? Why didn't you realize he might do this?"

Fortunately, I woke up two days later and explained to them the truth but they still weren't 100% convinced.

They called me a few times some weeks later to check if I was attending therapy and seeing a psychiatrist. Really annoying but it's finally over.
It's awful. I guess we need to take precautions so an innocent person won't get in trouble for our decisions.
All this experience must have been very traumatic for you and your parents. I'm glad you didn't get any brain damage after this failed attempt and being in a coma.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It's awful. I guess we need to take precautions so an innocent person won't get in trouble for our decisions.
All this experience must have been very traumatic for you and your parents. I'm glad you didn't get any brain damage after this failed attempt and being in a coma.

Yes, it's awful so, leaving notes and videos behind is a very good idea!!
Thanks for your words.
I can't believe I still have a normal mind! Well, "normal", I'm kinda crazy :pfff: but I can still work, think and study it seems!

• Hugs
Reactions: poisonedminds and BlankUser
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
I don't think mine would ever know. Just another patient that never returned.
I hope so, but realistically, wouldn't the police contact them? idk
Yes! They were like:

Omg that would've been horrible.. Our loved ones will already blame themselves no matter what, I can't imagine the cops blaming them too.
I'm glad you survived to clear that up.. your poor dad. Hope the letters and videos will be enough to spare him in the end.

Last edited:
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I believe the coroner will investigate what led to someone's suicide here in the UK, including if they were involved with mental health services and if there were any wrongdoings. Not sure about elsewhere though.

I'm quite fond of my mental health worker, she genuinely cares about me so I think I'll leave her an email to make sure she knows it's not her fault

Reactions: poisonedminds