• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mynameisnotimportant

Mynameisnotimportant

3 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
I checked back on this website yesterday after about 6 months after my last attempt. I'm not a positivity freak like most white girls I know but I think those who recovered need to share their stories on this site.View my post history for more detailed events but I am basically cured due to medication. I learned to love the job I hated so much (McDonald's), I got a little guinea pig who is literally my everything. (pets are definitely the best cope). I have an amazing boyfriend. and I'm starting my first year of college this next week. Things definitely haven't been perfect. I relapsed my self-harm behaviors about a week ago. I had to drug myself to stop from killing myself (I just took a trazadone whenever I felt like shit and woke up feeling fine).

Basically what I'm saying is that for possibly one of you reading this your life may get better, it may not. I'm just one outcome out of many on this site

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
that's so amazing to hear. i'm glad you've gotten better, found someone who loves you as much as you love them, and are well on you're road to bettering yourself. goodluck and hope everything goes well with college. and hope you continue to feel happy!!

Reactions: Baskol1
B

Bukmeikara1

Jul 29, 2019
So many people read the forum as guests, sharing could always help.

Happy for you that you are still around after 6 months but you should check that drug "way of handling" pressure and reconsider it. Its a temporary solution and creates addictions. Unless you face it, it would pop up everytime things go south. You could handle it

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Great news. Good for you.

Psychiatric medications don't 'cure' anything though as there are no identifiable biological causes for various mental problems. It's not like antibiotics curing infectious diseases.

Of course one might derive some benefit from them through the placebo-effect or simply by the calming or numbing effect of benzo's and the like.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
We can fix that...gonna have you suicidal in a jiffy ;)

In all seriousness I am happy for you. This is what many people here don't want to think about....it CAN get better. Doesn't mean it will or does and everyone has limits and means...but its always worth being honest with yourself about the possibilities.

BTW Guinea Pigs are mental little bastards. So hyper...so smart...will eat through everything you own if you don't train them well and give them enough to do...play time...toys etc. Be warned.